Welcome to Butler Township, Butler County, PA
- Board of Commissioners – November 29th (Special Budget Meeting); December 6th (6:30 p.m. start)
- Planning Commission – December 7th (6:00 p.m. start)
- Zoning Hearing Board – December 1st (6:30 p.m. start)
Fall Leaf Collection
will be on the following weeks:
October 25th, November 1st,
November 8th & November 15th
Leaves will be picked up on your regular trash pickup day in no larger than 30-gallon, biodegradable brown paper bags. Biodegradable brown paper bags are available at building supply stores, hardware stores, and Amazon.
Leaves placed out in plastic trash bags will not be collected.
Glass Recycling Available at Township Building
Starting June 27th, 2020, Butler Township began a glass recycling initiative where glass bottles and jars could be dropped off at in the hopper located at the rear of the municipal building by the garage. The hopper is available at all times, Monday through Sunday.
As a cautionary, we can accept glass bottles and jars only. Labels are permitted to still be affixed, however, any metal lid or cap must be removed before placing it in the hopper removed from any plastic bag, box, etc.
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and sealed and, wherever possible, placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- WM will enforce bag and/or cart limits as reflected in current contract.
Things to do in Butler County This Season
Click on the following links to find out some of the activities going on in Butler County.