Welcome to Butler Township, Butler County, PA
Upcoming Township Meetings
- Board of Commissioners – June 7th (cancelled); June 21st
- Planning Commission – June 1st
- Zoning Hearing Board – June 9th (6:30 p.m.)
Pennsylvania American Water
If you are in need of assistance with PA American Water during this time, please go to the following link and read the information regarding their COVID-19 Assistance:
Glass Recycling Available at Township Building
Starting June 27th, 2020, Butler Township began a glass recycling initiative where glass bottles and jars could be dropped off at in the hopper located at the rear of the municipal building by the garage. The hopper is available at all times, Monday through Sunday.
As a cautionary, we can accept glass bottles and jars only. Labels are permitted to still be affixed, however, any metal lid or cap must be removed before placing it in the hopper removed from any plastic bag, box, etc.
Waste Management Service Alert for PA During COVID-19
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and sealed and, wherever possible, placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- WM will enforce bag and/or cart limits as reflected in current contract.
2020 Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule
The 2020 Collection Schedule & Street Listings for Butler Township, provided by Waste Management.
The following links contain additional information on how you can dispose of other recyclable materials and hazardous waste:
Things to do in Butler County This Season
Click on the following links to find out some of the activities going on in Butler County.