Fires for recreational purposes, such as cookouts and camping, are permitted within Butler Township at any time.
No permit is required for a recreational fire.
The following conditions must be followed:
- Only clean dry wood products are to be burned, no treated or painted lumber is permitted,
- Fire size is limited
- three (3) foot in diameter
- two (2) foot in height,
- Fire location no closer than 25 feet from a structure or combustible material.
- Conditions that could cause fire to spread must be removed prior to ignition,
- Fires in patio fire pits or chimineas must be in accordance with manufacturer instructions,
- Fires are not permitted within ten (10) feet of
- any street
- public way
- property line,
- All fires shall be constantly attended until extinguished
- An approved method of extinguishing fire shall be on site for immediate utilization. Examples of approved methods include:
- Fire Extinguisher with minimum 4A rating
- garden hose
- water barrel
- sand pr dirt
- water truck