Close this search box.

Domestic Violence

Police Administration Office

The police department administration office is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.  Outside of those hours a call box is located to the right of the public entrance.  This dials directly to 911, where an officer is notified that you need assistance.

Please use these link to find additional information.

No one is immune to violence, physical or emotional, at the hands of a loved one or relative.  This is true for females and males; young and old; rich or poor. However, it is never too late to get help and the following will aid you in taking the necessary steps to bringing peace to your life.


Victim Outreach Intervention Center – “A VOICe for survivors of violent crime in Butler County.”

VOICe is a non-profit organization that provides free and confidential services to people who are survivors of crime.  VOICe works within our community to bring about positive change and provides survivors with the abilities and skills necessary to overcome their tragedy.

They typically deal with domestic violence victims, but can help all victims of violent crimes: rape, assault, sexual abuse, stalking, sexual harassment, homicide.

The victim advocates will guide you step by step through the entire process acting as a liason, if necessary, between you and the criminal justice system.

VOICe is available 24 HOURS A DAY, simply call their hotline at 1-800-400-8551

Protection From Abuse (PFA)

You will need to visit the Domestic Relations Office at the Butler County Courthouse located in downtown Butler City.  It is highly advisable that you go there first thing in the morning when the courthouse opens for business at 8:30 AM.  The hours to file for a PDA is limited to 8:30 to 10:30 AM, Monday through Friday.  This is the office where you will fill out a PFA petition.  It will then be submitted for approval to the Judge.  If it is approved, the PFA will be served by the Butler County Sheriff’s Department.  The phone number for the office is 724-284-5181.

For an Emergency PFA outside of normal office hours, contact the police by dialing 911.  The police will make arrangements for you to contact a Magisterial District Judge who can issue the Emergency PFA.

CALL 911