Persons or companies wanting to solicit in Butler Township are required to obtain a permit from the Police Department. The permit shall contain the signature of the Township Manager and it shall show the company name, photograph of the licensee, the goods to be sold, the date of issuance and length of time the permit is valid. Visit our Application & Permit page to obtain a copy of this application.
It shall be the duty of the individual or the person soliciting to prominently display his license/placard upon his person at all times. Solicitors going door to door can do so
- Monday thru Saturday
- 9 AM until dusk.
- Soliciting is NOT permitted on Sundays or Holidays.
The following is needed along with the application:
- $110.00 per individual for the criminal history background
- (2) 1” x 1” photos (passport size)
- 1 form of photo ID (drivers license, passport, etc.)
- Written permission or a lease provided, signed and notarized by the owner of the land whereon the place of business is established authorizing the person to establish the place of business
- If temporary structures (ex: tents) are to be set up, contact Butler Township Zoning at 724-283-3430, X 216
- $60.00 per day
- $250.00 per week
- $1,200 for 6 months
- $2,000 annual
There is a $25.00 charge for each additional placard.
The following individuals or groups are exempt from obtaining a soliciting permit, but should notify the police department:
- Organizations associated with public school districts
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and their affiliated organizations
- Butler Township youth groups
Residents are urged to contact the Butler Township Police by calling 9-1-1 to report any soliciting violations.