Trash and Recycling Information from Waste Management
SPRING LEAF COLLECTION: (DATES UPDATED)
- Week of May 8th
- Week of May 15th
- Leaves must be put in biodegradable paper bags
- Placed bags at the curb on your regular collection day.
- Bio-degradable bags are available at building supply stores, hardware stores, and Amazon.
Glass Recycling Available at Township Building
Starting June 27th, 2020, Butler Township began a glass recycling initiative where glass bottles and jars could be dropped off at in the hopper located at the rear of the municipal building by the garage. The hopper is available at all times, Monday through Sunday.
As a cautionary, we can accept glass bottles and jars only. Labels are permitted to still be affixed, however, any metal lid or cap must be removed before placing it in the hopper removed from any plastic bag, box, etc.
Waste Managements Reminders
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and sealed and, wherever possible, placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
WM will enforce bag and/or cart limits as reflected in current contract.