Butler Township Police Department Employment
The Butler Township Police Department is currently accepting applications as of January 17th, 2020.
Butler Township Police Officer Qualifications:
- Possess a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Associates degree or 60 semester credit hours from an accredited institution of higher learning at time of application or 30 semester credit hours and at least 2 years active military service with honorable discharge or employed full-time for at least 3 years as a law enforcement officer.
- The Associates Degree or 60 semester credit hours requirement will be waived if the applicant has been employed full time at least 3 years as a law enforcement officer
- 21 years of age by (date of last day of applications being accepted)
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Successfully completed Act 120 training prior to the oral examination and eligible to receive Act 120 Certification from Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission (MPOETC) when appointed to the police officer position.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Written application approved
- Physical Agility Test – outline of testing is currently being reevaluated
- Written Exam
- Oral interview by Police Civil Service Commissioners
- Background Investigation
- Medical and Psychological Evaluations
- Creation of Eligibility List for possible future hiring
Applicants will receive written confirmation for all steps, except for oral confirmation for the physical agility test.
*** Questions can be directed to the Butler Township Manager’s Office at 724-283-3430.