Coronavirus Updates for Butler Township
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. The disease causes respiratory illness with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing.
- It spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person toughes a surface or object that has the virus on it, then proceed to touch their eyes, nose
- Butler Hospital now has a drive through testing facility for the Corona virus. The drive thru testing facility is located in the parking lot across from the Brady Street entrance. If anyone is feeling any symptoms of the virus, CALL (stay home) your physician to get a script.
- If you do not have a physician, call: BHS care center (833)-602-CARE for Butler, or 814-226-1DOC (1362) for Clarion.
- The Butler Township Police have suspended the following services/programs:
- Fingerprinting services have been suspended indefinitely.
- The prescription drop-off program is also being suspended.
- ESF #15 External Affairs/Public Inquiry has started. The phone number is 724-431-0982 and is a general information line for citizens to call regarding COVID-19. The hours right now are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday thru Friday. For human service needs (food, how do I file for unemployment, etc.) need to go to 2-1-1. Citizens can certainly call the 0982 number but for those type of needs, they will be advised to call 2-1-1.
- Below are several links where you can find additional information that is frequently being updated. :