Beginning on January 1, 2019, Waste Management will be the solid waste and recycling hauler for Butler Township.
The following items will be collected for recycling:
- Plastic bottle, jars and jugs (narrow neck containers labeled #1 and #2)
- Food & Beverage Cans (Steel, tin & aluminum soda, vegetable, fruit & tuna cans)
- Paper (Brown paper bags, non confidential office paper, newspaper and magazines)
- Flattened Cardboard & Paperboard (Cereal boxes, tissue boxes, etc., cardboard mailing boxes)
Items you must leave out of your recycling:
- No Glass Bottles & Containers
- No food waste (Compost instead)
- No plastic bags & Film (Find a recycling site at plasticfilmrecycling.org)
- No foam cups & containers (Check Earth911.org for options)
- No Needles (Keep medical waste out of recycling. Place in safe disposal containers like Waste Management MedWaste Tracker Box)
With this new contract, Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Collection will be included in your monthly fee. To participate in this program please read the following information provided by Waste Management and follow the instructions to set up a pick up after January 1, 2019.
For a printable version of the information click This Link.
As of January 1, 2013 a new law went into effect concerning the disposal of electronic waste. You are no longer permitted to dispose of electronic devices in landfills.
The following links contain information on how you can dispose of your electronic waste, as well as, other recyclable materials and hazardous waste:
Prescription Drug Recycling Program
Leftover and expired prescription drugs can be dropped of for FREE at the Butler Township Police Department Lobby between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. All liquid medication must be in their original containers. For more information on the disposal of unused medication, please click on the following flyer. Getting Rid of Unused Medications
No Phone Books, Please
Any Resident interested in not having Phone Books delivered to their address can go to www.yellowpagesoptout.com and follow the prompts. At this site you will be able to “Opt-Out” of receiving any or all of the directories delivered to Butler County Residents. If you have any questions, please contact Marcie at 724-283-3430, ext. 212.