Frank & Jane Preston
|Preston Park Trail Map|
|Trail Map Supplements:|
|State Champion Trees|
|Points of Interest|
A “Sustainable Backyard” Workshop
DCNR Bureau of Forestry Presents: “Making the Most of Your Piece of Nature” , A “Sustainable Backyard” Workshop on Saturday, March 3rd from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Butler County Community College, Succop Theater, 107 College Drive, Butler PA 16002.
- Controlling Invasive Plants, Why and How – Dave Jackson, PSU Extension
- Bringing Birds To Your Backyard (Beautiful photos!) – Laura Jackson
- Identifying and Appreciating Wildflowers – Will Taylor, Jennings Environmental Center
- Keynote Speaker: The Importance of Your Piece of the Puzzle – Dr. Rebecca Thomas, Slippery Rock University
The workshop is free and opened to the public, but registration is required. Go to https://yourpieceofnature.eventbrite.com or call the Forbes State Forest District Office at 724-238-1200 for more information.
Tours of Preston Park
Butler Township will be offering public tours of Preston Park including the residence and the grounds on the following dates in 2018.
- Saturday, April 28th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 20th at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 19th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 13th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, November 24th at 9:30 a.m.
This 2 to 3 hour walking tour is available at no cost, but registration is required and spaces are limited. In addition to the dates listed above, private group tours may also be arranged for groups of 10 or more. For more information or to register for a tour contact the Administration Office at extension 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.