Welcome to Butler Township
Upcoming Township Meetings
Board of Commissioners | January 2nd & January 15th
Planning Commission | February 6th
Fire Commission | January 17th
Butler Township is accepting applications for the position of Fire Marshal.
For additional information, click on the following link: Employment Opportunities – Fire Marshal
A “Sustainable Backyard” Workshop
DCNR Bureau of Forestry Presents: “Making the Most of Your Piece of Nature” , A “Sustainable Backyard” Workshop on Saturday, March 3rd from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Butler County Community College, Succop Theater, 107 College Drive, Butler PA 16002.
- Controlling Invasive Plants, Why and How – Dave Jackson, PSU Extension
- Bringing Birds To Your Backyard (Beautiful photos!) – Laura Jackson
- Identifying and Appreciating Wildflowers – Will Taylor, Jennings Environmental Center
- Keynote Speaker: The Importance of Your Piece of the Puzzle – Dr. Rebecca Thomas, Slippery Rock University
The workshop is free and opened to the public, but registration is required. Go to https://yourpieceofnature.eventbrite.com or call the Forbes State Forest District Office at 724-238-1200 for more information.
Tours of Preston Park
Butler Township will be offering public tours of Preston Park including the residence and the grounds on the following dates in 2018.
- Saturday, April 28th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 20th at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 19th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 13th at 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, November 24th at 9:30 a.m.
This 2 to 3 hour walking tour is available at no cost, but registration is required and spaces are limited. In addition to the dates listed above, private group tours may also be arranged for groups of 10 or more. For more information or to register for a tour contact the Administration Office at extension 212 or email@example.com.
Fire Prevention Poster Contest Winners
Butler Township is pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Fire Prevention Week Poster Contest.
Kindergarten: Caroline Cosgrove – Connoquenessing Elementary School
First Grade: Mason Heltzell – Connoquenessing Elementary School
Second Grade: Elliana Norton – McQuistion Elementary School…
Third Grade: Sydney O’Donnell – Northwest Elementary School
Fourth Grade: Julia Neff – McQuistion Elementary School
Fifth Grade: Alexa Geibel – Butler Middle School
Sixth Grade: Ava Brewster – Butler Middle School
This year’s theme was: “Every Second Counts – Find 2 Ways Out!”
The participation trophy went to McQuistion Elementary School.
Congratulations to all of the winners.
Things to do in Butler County This Season
Click on the following links to find out some of the activities going on in Butler County.
Armstrong Healing Heroes
Healing Heroes is seeking Veterans who would benefit from the assistance of a Guardian Angels Medical Service Dog. Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs trains service dogs to mitigate the challenges of several conditions, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); seizures, glucose imbalance, mobility issues and much more.If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, please go to the following website to obtain an application: http://www.medicalservicedogs.org/service-dog-application/
Once the online form is completed, a full application packet will be sent to the applicant to fulfill the process for consideration.
For more information on Healing Heroes, please visit their Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/armstrongonewire.
Butler County Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection Event
The next Butler County recycling collection will be held at Environmental Coordination Services & Recycling (ECS&R) at 129 Ash Stop Road, Evans City, PA 16033, on Saturday, December 16th. Please call ECS&R at 1-866-815-0016 to register for this event or if you have any questions. You can also register on-line at ecsr.net under the Collection Events tab. A listing of the dates for 2017 is in the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Flyer.
|Household Chemicals & Paints||$0.68/lb.|
|Universal Waste (i.e. Florescent Lights & Batteries)||$0.53/lb.|
|CDRA Electronics * (glass bearing)||$0.45/lb.|
|CDRA Electronics * (non glass bearing towers & peripherals)||$0.25/lb.|
|Small Freon Containing Devices||$0.17/lb.|
* CDRA: desktop computers, laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals and televisions.
- Household Hazardous Waste Flyer – 2017
- Holiday Recycling Guide 2017
- Hard to Recycle Guide 2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Spring 2016
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Summer 2016
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Winter 2016-2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Spring 2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Summer 2017