Welcome to Butler Township
Upcoming Township Meetings
Board of Commissioners | December 18th
Planning Commission | December 5th
Things to do in Butler County This Season
Click on the following links to find out some of the activities going on in Butler County.
Citizens Police Academy
The Butler Township Police Department will be holding a Citizens Police Academy starting January 16, 2018. The program will consist of (7) classes being held on consecutive Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. The program will be held at the Butler Township Park Building located at 468 S. Duffy Rd. and various locations around Butler Township.
The program will include
- Criminal Law and Investigations
- Domestic Violence Issues
- Patrol Duties
- Vehicle Laws and Traffic Stops
- Use of Force
- The Judicial System
- Other Areas of Law Enforcement
Applications for the program can be obtained at the Butler Township Police Department or the Butler Township Municipal Building located at 290 S. Duffy Rd., Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The applications must be returned to the Police Office no later than 4:00 pm on January 9, 2018.
There is no charge for the program which is open to the public with priority given to Butler Township residents and business owners. There will be a maximum of (15) individuals accepted into the program.
Individuals accepted into the program will be notified by the Police Department.
Leaf Collection Notice
The Township has received numerous calls from residents concerning leaf disposal. Due to the unusually warm weather this season the leaves have been slow in falling. If you have leaves that need to be disposed of please consider the following options for disposal:
- If you only have a few bags, please place them out with your regular trash in regular trash bags. You do not have to put an extra bag sticker on them. The drivers have been instructed to take them at no additional cost.
- If you have a lot of bags, Vogel has agreed to do a pickup on Friday, December 8th. Please call Vogel at 724-285-8844. Identify yourself as a Butler Township resident and request to be put on the list for leaf pick up on Friday, December 8th. Place your bags out at the curb Thursday night. Please note: this is not a Township wide pick up. You need to call in and request to be put on the pick up list to be serviced.
- If you have the ability to transport your leaves, Stirling Landscaping, on Mercer Road, will take leaves from Butler Township residents at no cost. Prior to your first drop off, please call their office at 724-287-7921, so that they can let you know where to drop off the leaves. Please remove the leaves from the bags when you drop them off.
As a Reminder: Burning is not permitted in Butler Township in December.
If you have any questions, please call the Administration Office and talk to Marcie at 724-283-3430, X 212.
Fire Prevention Poster Contest Winners
Butler Township is pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Fire Prevention Week Poster Contest.
Kindergarten: Caroline Cosgrove – Connoquenessing Elementary School
First Grade: Mason Heltzell – Connoquenessing Elementary School
Second Grade: Elliana Norton – McQuistion Elementary School…
Third Grade: Sydney O’Donnell – Northwest Elementary School
Fourth Grade: Julia Neff – McQuistion Elementary School
Fifth Grade: Alexa Geibel – Butler Middle School
Sixth Grade: Ava Brewster – Butler Middle School
This year’s theme was: “Every Second Counts – Find 2 Ways Out!”
The participation trophy went to McQuistion Elementary School.
Congratulations to all of the winners.
2018 Park Building Rentals
Butler Township will begin taking Park Recreation Building reservations for 2018 dates beginning on Wednesday, November 1st at the Butler Township Municipal Building, 290 South Duffy Road. When you make the reservation you will need cash or a check for the rental fee and a separate check for the $100.00 deposit. The rental fee is $192.50 for Butler Township residents and $250.00 for non-residents. To get the resident rate, the Butler Township resident must be present to sign the lease. If you have any questions, please call the Administration Office at 724-283-3430, X 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Armstrong Healing Heroes
Healing Heroes is seeking Veterans who would benefit from the assistance of a Guardian Angels Medical Service Dog. Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs trains service dogs to mitigate the challenges of several conditions, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); seizures, glucose imbalance, mobility issues and much more.If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, please go to the following website to obtain an application: http://www.medicalservicedogs.org/service-dog-application/
Once the online form is completed, a full application packet will be sent to the applicant to fulfill the process for consideration.
For more information on Healing Heroes, please visit their Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/armstrongonewire.
Butler County Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection Event
The next Butler County recycling collection will be held at Environmental Coordination Services & Recycling (ECS&R) at 129 Ash Stop Road, Evans City, PA 16033, on Saturday, December 16th. Please call ECS&R at 1-866-815-0016 to register for this event or if you have any questions. You can also register on-line at ecsr.net under the Collection Events tab. A listing of the dates for 2017 is in the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Flyer.
|Household Chemicals & Paints||$0.68/lb.|
|Universal Waste (i.e. Florescent Lights & Batteries)||$0.53/lb.|
|CDRA Electronics * (glass bearing)||$0.45/lb.|
|CDRA Electronics * (non glass bearing towers & peripherals)||$0.25/lb.|
|Small Freon Containing Devices||$0.17/lb.|
* CDRA: desktop computers, laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals and televisions.
- Household Hazardous Waste Flyer – 2017
- Holiday Recycling Guide 2017
- Hard to Recycle Guide 2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Spring 2016
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Summer 2016
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Winter 2016-2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Spring 2017
- Butler County Recycling Newsletter – Summer 2017